Basic Electricity Training in the Low-voltage Industry
Module Length: 1 Credit Hour
Approved for CEUs by: Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Dakota, New Jersey, Florida
At the conclusion of this module, you should be able to do the following:
- Define the basic essentials of electricity and its uses.
- Describe and identify the uses of, and differences between, voltage, current, resistance and power; and conductors, insulators and semiconductors.
- Perform common conversions using Ohm's law and Watt's law.
- Distinguish between series and parallel circuit types.
- Calculate resistance, voltage, current and power for series and parallel circuits.